Youth Career Coach/Facilitator
POSITION TITLE: Youth Career Coach/Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, Temporary
POSITION OVERVIEW/GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
SER-Jobs for Progress is seeking dynamic individuals to join its growing staff team. We are currently looking for those experienced in working with youth/young adults. The responsibilities of the Youth Career Coach/Facilitator are to implement a comprehensive youth/young adult internship program in support of their educational, occupational, and personal growth. The GAP - This Way Ahead (TWA) Youth Career Coach/Facilitator will facilitate workshops, mentor youth and monitor job performance during their internship.
SER enhances the quality of life in the Hispanic Community and other communities in need, by providing education, training, and employment services. SER's education and training programs are intensive with high enrollment and placement outcomes. Adhere to the mission of SER-Jobs for Progress.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Organize and track related documentation (i.e. contact information, communication logs, timesheets, evaluation forms, surveys, internship agreements, and completion forms, etc.).
- Organize and deliver presentations related to the Internship Program, the development of critical workplace skills, and the career planning and job search process.
- Provide leadership and direction in the areas of individual assessment, educational choices/career planning and development, and placement strategies for youth/young adults.
- Provide youth/young adults with guidance and information regarding career research, options and decision-making, goal setting, job searching process through one-on-one and workshop settings.
- Participate in professional development activities and other outreach activities.
- Research and gains full understanding of SER programs as well as its target outcomes.
- Have a passion for helping others understand and communicate their true value.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Youth/young adult-centered and committed to coaching youth/young adults toward success
- Comfortable with fostering relationships
- Ability to multitask and self-manage in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Active in using social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team oriented individual that is able to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Strong facilitation/leadership skills with the ability to manage groups of 25 or more
- Results driven and detailed oriented
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2007)
- Ability to handle confidential information in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
REQUIRED EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
- A minimum of one year of experience working with youth or social service programs
- Prior work or volunteer experience with non-traditional youth/young adults in an alternative setting
- Demonstrated flexibility and experience working with sensitive and diverse populations
SER-Jobs for Progress values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, partners, and communities. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and passion are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. SER looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining why you chose to apply for this position at SER to HR@serhouston.org. Please enter "VACANCY – Youth Career Coach/Facilitator" in the subject line. No phone calls please.