SER has partnered with the U.S. Department of Labor Women's Bureau to share information on its programs and resources developed to serve women.
The Wi$eUp program is a financial education program for Generation X & Y women. It promotes financial security through online education and is also available in Spanish. The online course has 8 components and is free upon registration. To register for the course please visit the website: http://wiseupwomen.tamu.edu/
In addition, the Women's Bureau has developed a handy guide called "Why Green is Your Color: A Woman's Guide to a Sustainable Career." The guide is a comprehensive manual designed to assist women with job training and career development as they enter into innovative and nontraditional jobs.
The Guide contains the following chapters:
- Introduction to the Guide
- Why Is Green Good for Women
- Green Occupations: A Look at What's Out There
- Educating Yourself for a Green Career
- Finding Your Green Job
- Green Entrepreneurship
- Women Succeeding in Green Jobs
- Overcoming Challenges on Your Career Path
- Planning Your Green Career
- Glossary of Terms
The guide is also available on line at http://www.dol.gov/wb/Green_Jobs_Guide/index.htm.