Training to Work
SER-Jobs for Progress’ Training to Work (TTW) program works with individuals who are newly released from prison/jail to receive help to get their lives back on track. This program helps participants train for careers, find and keep a job, and connect with supportive services critical to making a successful transition back into society.
Individuals eligible to participate in the TTW program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Harris County resident currently enrolled in a Work Release Program or parole wearing an electronic monitoring device;
- Within nine (9) months of release from a correctional agency;
- U.S. citizen or noncitizen authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Meet U.S. Military Selective Service System registration requirements (males only);
Other factors may also determine your eligibility and suitability for the program.
- Education & Training
- GED, Adult Basic Education, PLATO courses
- Occupational skills & credentials: Welding, Warehousing, Forklift, General Office Administration, and more
- Job Readiness (including resume writing & interviewing)
- Financial Education
- Career exploration
- Job search assistance
- Direct placement
- Career Coaching
- Support Services
- Service navigation & resource referrals
The Training to Work Program staff thrive to obtain successful relationships by identifying the specific needs, expectations, goals, and objectives of each participant to successfully reintegrate into the workforce. If you are interested, please contact SER today to explore your options. We look forward to hearing from you.