Job Developer/Employer Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Job Developer/Employer Specialist
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Employment Services
SER-Jobs for Progress seeks a qualified, dynamic, driven candidate for the position of Job Developer/Employer Specialist. The responsibilities of the Job Developer will be to research and develop relationships with employers that have the capacity to utilize program trainees, develop a marketing plan, and promote participation in the training and hiring of trainees. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who are Bilingual (English/Spanish) with Construction or Staffing Industry background, and experience with Ex-offenders and Veterans clients. Candidate must have documented experience working with local employers in a broad spectrum of occupations to fulfill employment needs. Have a passion for helping others understand and communicate their true value and adhere to the mission of SER-Jobs for Progress.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Research and gain full understanding of SER-Jobs for Progress as well as its targets and outcomes.
- Generate job openings for training graduates and SER clients.
- Partner with Career Coaches to respond to SER’s client employment related needs.
- Provide job search assistance to graduates of the training programs, including referral to job readiness workshop that includes resumes, interview techniques, and mock interviews.
- Develop relationships with employers in targeted industries per training offered (i.e. constructions, transportation, warehousing, administrative, etc.)
- Make cold calls to potential employers; explain the benefits and employment support services provided by programs to employers, including addressing employer’s employment needs.
- Work with specific industries to identify future workforce needs and training requirements and communicate information to SER leadership for development of workforce training programs and associated funding.
- Maintain on-going communication with employer partners to address any trainee issues and identify qualified candidates for available positions.
- Maintain database of employers, training outcomes, and placements.
- Invite Employers to visit and tour SER-Jobs for Progress.
- Keep abreast of Regional Labor Market information in the construction/skilled trades industries and follow national trends in new occupations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual desired (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of Career Coaching techniques
- Able to conduct labor market research on individual employers and industries, as well as specific occupations and their education, experience, and credential requirements
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Communicate efficiently, professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing, and follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
- Strong leadership skills and able to self-direct.
- Results driven and detailed oriented
- Highly proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2007)
- Ability to handle confidential information in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
REQUIRED EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social work, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience working with workforce development, social service programs, recruiting, staffing, and relationship management.
- Demonstrated flexibility and experience working with sensitive and diverse populations.
SER-Jobs for Progress values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, partners, and communities. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and passion are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. SER looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about the opportunity, to HR@SERhouston.org by February 3, 2017. No phone calls please.