Human Resources & Program Support Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources and Program Support Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
The Human Resources and Program Support Coordinator is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in providing employee relations support. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and records management. Provides support on day-to-day human resources issues and concerns in order to attract, motivate and retain a quality workforce.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Policies and Procedures
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; identifies and recommends policy enhancement; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Ensures that HR policies and procedures are communicated, adhered to and understood by all employees. Guides staff on appropriate implementation of SER’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and employment laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FMLA, etc.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and helps ensure current policies, procedures, and associated actions are in compliance.
- Coordinates Employee of the Month program.
- Creates, files and maintain personnel files and companion files for all employees.
- Ensures accurate maintenance and retention of all employee records and files (e.g., personnel files, I-9's, criminal background checks, and medical records).
- Maintains and updates human resource information system records (i.e. master employee roster with detailed information) with new employee’s information or changes in employee status, (i.e. promotions, salary adjustments, transfers).
- Timely processes external requests to include employment verifications for current and former employees and program participants.
- Maintains company organizational charts, employee directory, and emergency contact information.
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of all forms and documents required to process new hires, terminations, leave of absences, and other employee transactions. Ensure that the appropriate forms and documents have been initiated for these transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Retrieves personnel information on a need to know basis for Management.
Benefits, Compensation and Leave Management Administration
- Onboard new hires by submitting completed payroll paperwork to the accounting office and payroll system administrators.
- Reviews SER’s benefits to include medical insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and 403(b) investment benefits with new hires.
- Receives, reviews and submits enrollment paperwork and reports adjustments in a timely manner to the third party insurance group.
- Receives, reviews and approves insurance invoices for payment. Reports discrepancies to third party insurance group. Submits monthly insurance costs to the accounting office for appropriate payroll deductions.
- Assists employees with questions or concerns regarding their benefits. Ensures documentation for benefits is current and filed properly. Assists with annual review of benefit plans and conducts open enrollment when necessary.
- Coordinate yearly health insurance open enrollment sessions.
- Conduct and interpret wage and salary surveys and recommend changes to ensure the maintenance of the company's compensation objectives
- Manages and monitors FMLA and tracking of usage.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Prepares documentation to fill vacant positions, and post job announcements in diverse sources to ensure a broad range of qualified applicants. Prescreens applications and compiles qualified applicants for potential interviews.
- Coordinates with hiring managers and applicants for onsite interviews. Prepares applicant files with interview questions before the commencement of the interviews.
- Completes all agency background checks, reference checks, confirms degrees and certifications to ensure completeness of hiring packages. Once applicant is selected, notifies candidate and negotiates base salary and starting date.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation. Prepares new hire onboarding packets and orientation binder.
- Completes I-9 forms and audits for completeness. Completes E-Verify process for all employees, paid interns and trainees.
- Reports all new hires to Attorney General (child support administration).
- Prepares Personnel Action Notices for all personnel changes. Coordinates personnel actions with staff, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Conducts exit interviews, completing termination process.
- Maintains all job descriptions.
- Monitors all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards.
- Assists and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects human resources operations by keeping information confidential.
- Investigates and addresses team member relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work conditions, or other team member concerns in a timely fashion.
- Provides advice and counsel to employees to maintain a positive, productive employment environment free of discrimination and inconsistencies.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant to staff in areas such as employee relations issues, performance management, and professional development.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to research data, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be highly skilled in communicating effectively, both verbal and written.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to self-start and prioritize.
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel required.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and PHR, SPHR, or SHRM CP certifications required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HR field.
- Strong working knowledge of core HR disciplines, including recruiting and hiring, employee relations, compensations, benefits administration and performance management required.
- Must possess and provide a valid Texas Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance as required by the State of Texas.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about the opportunity, to HR@SERhouston.org by Friday, February 10th. Please enter "VACANCY – HR Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone calls please.