Below are current job openings at SER.
POSITION: Program Assistant
LOCATION: East End
Pay Range: Competitive, DOE
CLOSING DATE: December 12, 2013
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organization Outreach & Development
1. Attend special events and collect and organize supplemental information for future events.
2. Provide support with website maintenance and updating program and event pages.
3. Regularly utilize Social Networking Tools (Constant Contact, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter) for communications with clients and supporters.
4. Assist in coordinating special events, such as job fairs, networking events, festivals, and the annual anniversary gala.
Administrative & Program Support
1. File and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports.
2. Provide backup to receptionist as needed.
3. Create and modify documents such as letters, memos, reports, and action plans using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
4. Liaison to the Board of Directors; regularly communicate with Board and provide information as needed.
5. Set up and coordinate monthly Board of Director meetings; keep track of Board attendance and giving for all members; keep Board roster up to date.
6. Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, or other meetings.
7. Attend Board, committee meetings, or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes. Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes after conclusion of meetings.
8. Research and collect bids for purchases over $500.
9. Support staff in assigned project-based work.
10. Assist Development department in recording donations, preparing and sending out receipts, and keeping files organized.
11. Assist Development department with all aspects of volunteer management; help screen and interview potential volunteers, communicate with staff on their volunteers needs, place volunteers in appropriate department, track and record monthly volunteer hours, and supervise work as needed.
1. Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar and assist in coordinating meetings, interviews, and presentations.
2. Schedule special events, conferences, and travel for Executive Director and management staff as needed.
3. Prepare all material needed for Executive Director’s travel and prep ED before departure.
4. Keep track of Executive Director’s expense reports and submit to accounting in a timely manner.
5. Collect mail, phone messages, and other correspondence and organize weekly for Executive Director’s review.
6. File and organize Executive Director’s documents, including contracts and sensitive information.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Dynamic & persuasive
- Goal driven problem solver & self-starter
- Good understanding of the nonprofit industry
- Excellent organization and administrative skills
- Knowledge of computer software and data systems; such as, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Photoshop
- Good listening skills
- Time management skills
- Relationship building
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years of college (Associates degree)
- Must possess and provide a valid Texas Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must be skilled in communicating effectively, both verbal and written.
- Must be skilled in establishing and maintaining business relationships.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to research data, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to Careers@serhouston.org by NOON on Thursday, December 12th. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
SER-Jobs for Progress values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment. We establish and maintain trustful relationships with all staff, contractors, funders, partners, and communities. We believe that hard work, a focus on quality, and passion are required to improve the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. SER looks to all staff to contribute to the effective implementation of programmatic activities.
SER-Jobs for Progress is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, or other non-merit factor.
SER-Jobs for Progress provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact Human Resource directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
SER-Jobs for Progress is a drug-free workplace and requires mandatory drug testing prior to hiring.